Sunday, September 14, 2014

The beginning of the end of the beginning

So....writing. I love writing. I have always loved writing. There is power in writing, in taking words and thoughts and ideas in your brain and putting them on paper (or, in this case, on screen). 

This is known, throughout the course of human existence.

I have, to put it bluntly and mildly, failed myself when it comes to writing. I will get started on a writing project, be it a blog or a short story or the beginning to my "great American novel" and, the next thing I know.....it lays dormant. Somewhere it gets lost in translating from my mind to a more lasting medium (such as the internet). 

And so, now....this. An attempt by me to get into a habit of writing. I have told myself that this is it, my last go 'round. That if I cannot stick with writing and find time for it now that I never will. That it will be something cast to the wayside.

Thus, without much ado,.....this blog. The last bastion of hope for the set of stories and some incoherent ramblings trapped in my mind to be freed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment